- Recipient of MAYOR DALEY'S 2006
for Market Transformation for our 2020
Green Dream project!
- Recipient of MAYOR DALEY'S HISTORIC PRESERVATION
AWARD - The award was given for new construction within the Historic
District on S. Giles Avenue in Chicago.
FUTURE DESIGN BUILD
- 2012 Green Dream PHASE II
- The current houses located at 2012-14 W.
Rice Street will be torn down and the salvageable materials recycled into
our new building.
- Being part of the LEED® for HOMES Pilot Program
will allow us to validate it's energy efficiency and sustainable attributes.
- Construction of a 5 unit condo building originally scheduled for this spring is delayed until TBA.
- Please email
us@WolbrinkArchitects.com to discuss presale options.
- The Green House
was a WGN TV cover story
on News at Nine, Monday, February 6, 2006.
Jackie Bange interviewed developer Jill Russell of 2020 Dream Development while
touring the 2020 W. Rice
- The building and architect, Victor Wolbrink, are also
featured in a Chicagoland Avenues Magazine article called BEHIND THE SCENES THE PLAN AND DESIGN OF A GREEN HOME.
2020 W. Rice Street Green Condos are Energy Star rated.
Details on what an Energy Star rating means can
be found at html format:
Follow That Draft 2.3.06 Chicago Reader Cover Story files
- or pdf format:
resumes\VW Reader 2.3.06 Draft Article.pdf
The article states "anyone interested in an allegedly green home
that doesn't have an Energy Star or LEED certificate had better
ask the seller a lot of questions."
In addition to his GREEN accolades, Victor brings his
"GREEN" design commitment to Milwaukee's Brewer's Hill
Historic District. His design was built according to Wisconsin's
Environmental Initiative -
www.greenbuilthome.org and won the Mayor's 2009 Design Award.